International Access Networks (I-A-N) is a groundbreaking web based multi media center. The role of I-A-N is connecting communities. I-A-N is a New York State 501 (c) (3) Not–for-Profit Corporation which serves as an alternative to mainstream media. Be sure to take a look at our sister blog. It is Jazz and World Beat at International Access Networks. That address is: http://jazzworldbeatatinternationalaccessnet.blogspot.com/ See you there!!!!

Monday, July 30, 2007


All is quiet on the Tom Snyder front at present. His brother, in a deadly serious, but joking manner called himself Leukemia one, and referred to his brother, Tom Snyder, as Leukemia two. Tom Snyder shared that with his audience this past Fall on his web site, as he shared so much of his personal life during the broadcasting years with those who tuned-in. Snyder will be 69 years old sometime in 2006. I wish him well.

One other thing I have to add here before I sign-off.... Many so-called 'Superstars' are not known to personally answer mail from inquiring fans. Such jobs, it is believed, are left to those down the food chain. (Tom Snyder wrote to me directly on three separate occasions. More recently, earlier this year, in fact, Tom Snyder had written me in an E-mail that he had tried to phone me after reading this original post that appeared in January of 2006. He got in touch with me after I had asked about extending him membership in the the Society of the Silurians, the oldest writer's group in America. He declined and said travel to New York was not in the cards for the foreseeable future. It was a cordial exchange. I had a hunch he was very ill but, it was unclear to me just how sick he was in early May of this year. Now, I know.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home