International Access Networks (I-A-N) is a groundbreaking web based multi media center. The role of I-A-N is connecting communities. I-A-N is a New York State 501 (c) (3) Not–for-Profit Corporation which serves as an alternative to mainstream media. Be sure to take a look at our sister blog. It is Jazz and World Beat at International Access Networks. That address is: http://jazzworldbeatatinternationalaccessnet.blogspot.com/ See you there!!!!

Friday, June 01, 2007




"While I personally did not seek any protection, a security detail was provided to me in the hours after Ms. Plummer’s remarks, at the behest of Council security. It was removed at the end of the day and I have not sought to have any protection otherwise. However, I have a responsibility to my family and my staff members to take this matter seriously. Copycats and small-minded people will hear what Ms. Plummer stated and remember the one incendiary word. History is full of examples where irresponsible people used such incendiary rhetoric which resulted in harm to and even the death of others, such as the case of Malcolm X. It is why I have taken the position that Ms. Plummer’s employment in the City Council should come to end.

“While I am not surprised that my colleague, Charles Barron, would defend Ms. Plummer and her heinous remarks, I am calling upon the Speaker and other members of this body to join me in publicly censuring Viola Plummer and calling for her termination forthwith."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home